Fall 2019: Monday 12:30-2:30, and by appointment.
- Teaching the Japanese language: From the novice level to superior level, I enjoy every aspect of teaching the language, except giving grades. Teaching ACT classes is especially fun and rewarding.
- Cooking: It's amazing that I cook every day and I don't get tired of it.
- Learning from the kids: Listening to what they have to say gives me such a variety of feelings and reactions. Usually nice ones, really.
- Summer Intensive Courses Summer Intensive Japanese classes have been a good experience. Students work so hard and learn so much in just 10 weeks. For a number of years I have had enthusiastic students who have many questions about various aspects of the language, which makes me analyze and appreciate the Japanese language more. Summer classes also enjoy fun activities such as field trips, parties, and Japanese movies!
Education & Training
- MA, 1991, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA. Major: TESOL
- BA, 1982, International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan. Major: Linguistics