COOLCHINESE: Chinese Language and Culture Camp
EALL will offer an intensive Chinese language and culture program for high school students beginning in the summer of 2019. This new program builds on the legacy of STARTALK Chinese that has now been discontinued at the University of Pittsburgh.
Dates for Summer 2019 are June 24 - July 12, 2019.
Eligibility: 9th - 11th grade students who have no experience or little experience of learning Chinese language
Application deadline: April 15, 2019
- An online application form https://pitt.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_71ygtECRlVgwBzn
- An electronic copy of your most up-to-date academic transcript.
- A recommendation form from your teacher or counselor https://pitt.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6KEJW3fU90LY85v
- A personal statement essay.
Typical daily schedule:
10:00-10:20: Outside time
10:30-11:00: Class 1
11:10-11:50: Class 2
12:00-13:00: Lunch break (Bring your own lunch)
13:00-13:40: Class 3
13:50-14:20: Language buddy
14:30-15:30: Culture activity
- Full tuition covered
- Complementary learning materials provided
- Small class size
- One-on-one practice with native Chinese speakers
- A wide range of cultural activities