Mi Hyun Kim
110A Old Engineering Hall
Spring 2014: Thursday 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Other times by appointment.
Areas of Interests
- Korean linguistics: Concentrating Phonology and Phonetics
- Phonological development
- Developing integrated language materials
- Developing on-line long distance learning tools
- Teaching Korean as a foreign language
- Language contact
Beginner Korean: Fall, 2012
Intermediate Korean: Fall, 2012
Language and Society in Korea, Fall 2012
- Ph.D., 2011. "The Phonology of the Korean Liquid", Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures, Korean Language and Linguistics, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, U.S.A.
- M.A., 1994. Linguistics, Seoul National University
- In press: Oh, S. & Kim, M. "Collocation usage by learners of Korean: Analysis and pedagogical implication," Festschrift for Professor Ho-min Sohn.
- 2004, Kim M. "Transfer of Korean manner assimilation to English," Language Research, 40(3), 713-736.
- (with Sang-suk Oh) "Acquisition of three Korean Conjecture Modal Patterns," 17th Annual Conference and Workshop. American Association of Teachers of Korean. June 29 - July 1, 2012
- (with Sang-suk Oh) "Collocation usage by learners of Korean: Analysis and pedagogical implication," 16th Annual Conference and Workshop. American Association of Teachers of Korean. June 23-25, 2011.
- "Oral corrective feedback," 14th Annual Conference and Workshop. American Association of Teachers of Korean. June 25-27, 2009.
- "Assymmetrical behavior of word-initial liquids in Korean," Harvard International Symposium on Korean Linguistics XI. Harvard University, August 5-7, 2005.